Sunday, January 15, 2017

Reflections on Return of the Bird Tribes by Ken Carey

My first introduction to Ken Carey was in 2012 when I read The Third Millennium. That year, I was reading all the new-age, self-help, spiritual, conscious-expanding books I could find. Eckhart Tolle, Marianne Williamson, Brene Brown. I was beginning Heart Rhythm Meditation and noticing that my yoga practice was more than physical. I didn't realize until recently I was actually undergoing a customized training program of my own design. I knew I needed something, so I started searching. While I feel like I have gained many new understanding and a completely new self-concept over the last 4 years, I am filled with excited anticipation knowing that there exists and infinite amount of possible insight to be accessed.

My basic understanding of Ken Carey's writing process is that he doesn't write books, but books are written through him. During the last two decades of the 20th century, he received cognitive downloads from an unidentified, divine source. I may have just lost you, and if so, I wish you well on your path of limited possibilities. If you're still with me, I would strongly encourage you to get lost in Return of the Bird Tribes, or if you'd like a more reality-grounded first experience of his work, try The Flat Rock Journal, which reads like a new-age Walden.

Return of the Bird Tribes tells the creation story in a way I hadn't previously encountered. The concepts outlined are all-inclusive and exactly what most of us have been working towards.

LOVE>fear
UNITY>division

There is an awaking occurring. Right? Because there is me. And I think there is in you too. We're all thinking it. Wondering if others are too. There are still many signs of the old consciousness fighting for their last breath, but don't be discouraged by them. Those motivated by fear need our love. They provide an opportunity to demonstrate compassion as we gently present a brighter future.

1 comment:

  1. Labor pains are necessary for new life to come into the world. Hurt is not harm. Grab the nearest hand and squeeze it hard. Life will not be defeated.

    ReplyDelete