Donald Trump became President of the United States the other day. Sure, I hoped Hillary would win. I had myself convinced that Trump couldn't win. I didn't want to believe it was even possible. My naivety got the best of me Wednesday morning when I woke up actually shocked at the news.
People are marching, protesting, demonstrating. Most of us are spending a lot of time and energy wondering how we position ourselves to be a bridge across the polarity.
Quit saying "I don't understand how you..." and start listening.
Of course people are scared, angry, ashamed, proud, offended, and celebratory. We knew it would be this way.
While I don't care what you think, it is also my highest priority. Meaning that simultaneously, I am ravenously curious about your opinions while not having a desire to judge, be swayed by, or be offended by them.
I also am not interested in discussing the "what might have been" although it's a fun place to spend time.
Let's talk about and celebrate our differences. Let's talk about what we can do to help each other and understand each other and peacefully coexist.
I've consumed a ton of written (digital) news in the last 4 days. My head is spinning with opinions, speculations, facts, and misinformation. Ultimately, the creation of this blog is an attempt to be less divisive. Rather than use my Facebook presence for meaningful discussions, I want a forum where you only have to pay attention to me if you chose to. I know Facebook provides a choice, but I'd rather maintain contact with people I care about and not bombard them with political and ideological discussions. This is also allow a limited audience rather than inviting all of FB land to the chat.
So here's what I want to know:
How are you feeling?
What are you thinking?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete